5 types of jobs will not be replaced by AI(Artificial Intelligence).
Tue Sep 24 2019 10:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Are you one of them?
With advanced technology, the development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been growing exponentially. The next generation of AI becomes smarter and more omnipotent, it has been widely applied in different industries, which may threaten future employment. Not merely for handling the strenuous and repetitive tasks, AI is also involved in the intelligent decision-making process.
If the application of AI technology expands dramatically, jobs requiring different skill levels would be successively eliminated and replaced by AI. McKinsey, a global management consulting firm, asserted that approximately 35% of all professional tasks will be automated by AI. (Dwoskin, 2017)
Compared with artificial intelligence, human strength lies in creativity and compassion. To ensure that our careers are not replaced by artificial intelligence, we need to understand which work is irreplaceable in the future, the following five jobs will be types of work that artificial intelligence is difficult to replace:
1. Creative work (eg, medical researchers, artificial intelligence scientists, award-winning scriptwriters, public relations experts, entrepreneurs). Artificial intelligence can't propose some new concepts, theories, and ideas. This is the unique ability of human beings.
2. Complexity/strategic work (eg, CEO, negotiating expert, M&A expert). These are the tasks that need to understand multiple areas and make strategic decisions, which is difficult for artificial intelligence.
3. Sensitive work (eg, oral surgeon, aircraft mechanic, chiropractor). This is because the progress in robotics and mechanics is much slower than artificial intelligence software.
4. Need to adapt to new and unknown work in various environments (eg, geological surveys). Robots work well in specific environments, such as assembly lines, but are not easily adapted to new environments.
5. Empathy/humanization (eg, social workers, special teachers, marriage counselors). Artificial intelligence has no human feelings and empathy, and can't engage in such highly caring work.
Interested in exploring career opportunities or know a friend who does? Let us know!